The Preparatory Stage (PHASE I) of the Regional Industrial Pollution and CO2 Emission Abatement Project for Arab Countries (RIPECAP) is funded by the Government of Finland, supervised and coordinated by the United Nations Environment Program/Division of Technology, Industry and Environment (UNEP/DTIE), Implemented by the Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE) and hosted by Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST). The project has focal points in Egypt, Ministry of State of Environment (MoSE), Jordan Ministry of Environment (MoE) and in Morocco Centre of Cleaner Production, (CMPP).
INTORDUCTION OF STAKEHOLDERS
1. Government of Finland (GoF)
The main goals of the Environmental Policy of Finland are:
- Apply sustainable energy solutions,
- Implement global environmental agreements,
- Advocate sustainable production & consumption patterns.
2. United Nations Environment Program, Division of Technology, Industry & Environment (UNEP/DTIE)
The main goals of the Environmental Policy of UNEP/DTIE are:
Support public sector, business and industry in developing & implementing environmentally sound policies, strategies, technologies & practices.
3, Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE)
The main goals of the Environmental Policy of SYKE are
- Undertake Environmental Research & Development Projects
- Provide information on SoE, its development & factors affecting it
4. Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST)
The main goals of the Environmental Policy of E-JUST are
- Offer programmes, Training & Consultation Services to Industrial Establishments,
- Assist Industry in Quality & Environmental Management
ORGANIZATION OF PREPARATORY STAGE
- The Advisory Board (AB)
The role of the AB is to give advice and evaluate the results of the project. T'he AB consists of Representatives of the stakeholders: Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland (MfA), UNEP-DTIE, SYKE and E-JUST, in addition to the Project Team and the Focal Points. The AB meets twice during the course of the project. The first meeting was held in Helsinki 16 – 20.6.2006.
- The Project Team
The Project Team consists of the Project Coordinator (UNEP-DTIE), the Project Director (SYKE), the Project Manager (PM) and the Counter Part (E-JUST). The Project Team is responsible in front of the AB of the successful implementation of the Project. The PM is responsible of the daily execution of the project and the coordination with the Focal Pointa (FP) and the Organizations concerned.
- The Focal Points
A Focal Point of the Project was established in Egypt (Ministry of Environment), in Jordan (Ministry of Environment) and in Morocco (Centre of Cleaner Production of Morocco, CMPP)